Annual Election Process
In accordance with the C238 Chapter Bylaws, each year our chapter holds elections for the positions on the chapter's executive board that are set to expire at the end of June.
The Annual Election Process starts in late September, the President-elect forms, and chairs the Election Committee. The committee is responsible for announcing the election, requesting a call for candidates and then reviewing candidates for eligibility. Candidates names are accepted through the end of March. The committee also oversees the entire election process.
To be considered for a position, the candidate:
- Must be a Member In Good Standing of PMI New Hampshire Chapter, with no outstanding financial commitments
- Must not have any legal action underway, pending or contemplated with the PMI New Hampshire Chapter
- Must clearly express potential conflicts of interest
- Must have the ability to represent the Board & Chapter Membership in a consistently professional manner
The elections are held in May for a two week period around the Annual Chapter Meeting. Results are published throughout June. The term begins July 1 and most positions are held for 2 consecutive years. The term of President-elect is for one year, followed by one year as President of the Chapter.
Typical duties and responsibilities are included in the Position Descriptions.
Besides the elected officers' positions, there are other volunteer opportunities. Learn more about All Open Board Positions.
- Besides PDUs…
- Personal satisfaction, recognition, branding, networking with others
- Leadership Opportunities – conferences, meetings, mentoring
- Develop/Enhance Project Management, Leadership, Technical, and Business skills
- Give back to local community & Project Management
- Make PMI New Hampshire Chapter a success
- Provide ( future ) Project Managers a way to learn about Project Management
- Provide Project Managers a way to grow as Leaders
Because one person can make a difference!!!
Are you ready to volunteer?
Contact Director of Volunteers