One of the goals of the PMI New Hampshire Chapter is to provide professional development programs and events to our membership that fosters growth in project management skills and experiences. Our chapter serves over 800 active members. Chapter meetings and workshops are open to the public.
The PMI Talent TriangleTM
If you are a speaker or presenter and are interested in presenting to our membership at a chapter meeting or professional development event, we are interested in hearing from you. Topics can vary the spectrum of all project management related topics. Remember, members receive PDUs that are aligned to the PMI Talent TriangleTM under the categories of Strategic and Business Management, Technical Project Management, and Leadership. Examples include
Strategic and Business Management
Business oriented skills that apply to all certifications:
- Benefits management and realization
- Business acument
- Business models and structures
- Competivie analysis
- Customer relationship and satification
- Industry knowledge and standards
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Market arwareness and conditions
- Operational functions (e.g. finance, marketing)
- Strategic planning, analysis, alignment
Technical Project Management
Domain expertise, certification-specific:
- Agile practices
- Data gathering and modeling
- Earned value management
- Governance (project, program, portfolio)
- Lifecycle management (project, program, portfolio)
- Performance management (project, program, portfolio)
- Requirements management and traceability
- Risk management
- Schedule management
- Scope management (project, program, portfolio, product)
- Time, budget, and cost estimation
Competency in guiding and motivating: applies to all certifications
- Coaching and mentoring
- Conflict management
- Emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Team building
What You Need to Do
This process can be started by providing the following to VP of Volunteers.
- Topic title with abstract
- Full description of presentation
- List of learning objectives
- Areas of Interest: PMP/PgMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP, PMI-PfMP, PMI-PBA
- Speaker name and contact information
- Speaker Bio
- Photo of Speaker
- State interest in chapter meeting, professional development event, or both
- State location and month preference
- State any special needs - projector, screen, speakers, laser pointer, and access to laptop provided by chapter
Chapter meetings are typically held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, except August and November. The December meeting is held on the first Wednesday. They are held at different locations: Portsmouth, Manchester, Concord, or Nashua. Chapter meeting presentations should be at least 1 hour in length. Dinner is provided to the speaker.
Speaking at a Monthly Chapter Meeting will earn you PDUs under Giving Back > Give a Presentation category!
Professional Development Events
Professional Development Events are arranged at various times throughout the year and can be 1/2 day, full day, or multiple days. Include your fee schedule with your topic and description and additional details to begin this process.
Speaking or Teaching on a Project or Program Management topic at a conference, symposium, workshop or formal course will earn you PDUs (under Giving Back > Give a Presentation category).
If you are interested in presenting at a chapter profession development event, you may send email to the VP of Membership (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Professional Development Directory (email@example.com).
Thank you for your interest!