PMBOK Version 6
Don't study for the PMP exam alone! Join your chapter members and study with friends. Two heads are always better than one, plus you will have access to Instructors and Mentors - chapter members - who have already passed the exam. Take advantage of learning from their experiences.
The study group is formed to help guide your own learning of the focus of the exam, the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Course content has been updated based on PMBOK Sixth Edition. The group structure will cover topics that are most represented on the exam, and elaborate on issues and concepts most challenging to those facing the exam. Practice exams will be taken and reviewed during each session and highlights discussed.
Required by the first session of the study group:
- PMI New Hampshire Chapter members (includes materials): $595
- Non-members (includes materials): ________________________ $695
- Materials only: ______________________________________________ $300
- Fee includes The Velociteach All-In-One PMP Exam Prep Premium Kit
- THE PMP EXAM: HOW TO PASS ON YOUR FIRST TRY BY ANDY CROWE
- FLASHCARD APP - 250+ flashcards on an easy to use app. Sort, review, flag and retain all inputs, tools, and outputs.
- CONVERSATIONS ON THE PMP EXAM - Audio tracks of PM experts discussing their insights into PMP Exam topics, and tips and tricks to help you pass
- QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE - 6 page, laminated study guide that presents all 49 processes along with key inputs, tools and outputs
- STUDENT WORKBOOK - Coil-bound print out of the entire slide deck with space for taking class notes
- TESTING APP - Phone/tablet app filled with practice test questions
- PASS THE PMP - 35 hours of online modules, over 500 practice test questions, exercises and more accessible 24/7 (3 months)
- ONLINE TESTING SIMULATOR - Includes Practice Test A, B and C for a total of 600 additional questions accessible 24/7 (3 months)
- PROCESS EXPLORER - An online tool providing a dynamic and interactive view of the entire process framework
- FORMULA SHEETS - Various formula sheets and handouts help your students memorize, understand and perform needed calculations
- CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Non-members are encouraged to take advantage of the enrollment discount of this study group and sign up with PMI.
Students who are PMI members will want to download the PMI PMBOK (Version 6) and the PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms from the PMI.org website to supplement their studies. These books are not supplied by the PMI New Hampshire Chapter. Non-members are encouraged to take advantage of the enrollment discount of this study group and sign up with PMI. You will not be required to have a copy of the PMBOK to take this course.
There are always additional study materials that can be purchased, but the class requirements will revolve solely around the provided items.
Special Note to Prior Students:
If you have taken this class before with PMI New Hampshire Chapter and you haven't taken the exam, you may join this study group for free. If you need new books, we have an option to purchase the materials.
Study Group Policies:
Additional detailed information, including frequently asked questions and cancellation policies, can be found in the Study Group Policy.
6:00 - 6:20 Review / Brain Dump exercise
6:20 - 7:25 Instructor led presentation
7:25 - 7:40 break
7:40 - 8:10 Quiz
8:10 - 8:25 Quiz review / Questions
8:25 – 8:30 Homework assignments
What to Bring to a Study Group:
1. Books (PMBOK guide, Velociteach Study Guide materials as provided)
3. Positive attitude and open mind
4. Demonstrate respect by being on time