PMBOK Version 6
Don't study for the PMP exam alone! Join your chapter members and study with friends. Two heads are always better than one, plus you will have access to Instructors and Mentors - chapter members - who have already passed the exam. Take advantage of learning from their experiences.
The study group is formed to help guide your own learning of the focus of the exam, the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK). Course content has been updated based on PMBOK Sixth Edition. The group structure will cover topics that are most represented on the exam, and elaborate on issues and concepts most challenging to those facing the exam. Practice exams will be taken and reviewed during each session and highlights discussed.
Note: All study groups are being conducted using virtual collaboration methods in 2021.
Required by the first session of the study group:
Fees: Available when classes posted
- Non-members are encouraged to take advantage of the enrollment discount of this study group and sign up with PMI.
- Completion or in-progressparticipation in a virtual or in-person PMP course (35 hours of contact hoursin PMP training) to be specified during registration
- Participants will be prepared to speak eachsession. Video on is not required, but is encouraged.
- Participants will have read the applicablechapter(s) in the PMBOK Guide
- Participants will bring questions each session:areas for conversation, practice test questions that they are struggling with,questions about the content that they need clarification about, or generalquestions about the PMP exam process
Note: PMP Study Group does not count toward your required 35 hours of project management education.
Students who are PMI members will want to download the PMI PMBOK (Version 6) and the PMI Lexicon of Project Management Terms from the PMI.org website to supplement their studies. These books are not supplied by the PMI New Hampshire Chapter. Non-members are encouraged to take advantage of the enrollment discount of this study group and sign up with PMI. You will not be required to have a copy of the PMBOK to take this course.
There are always additional study materials that can be purchased, but the class requirements will revolve solely around the provided items.
Special Note to Prior Students:
If you have taken this class before with PMI New Hampshire Chapter and you haven't taken the exam, you may join this study group for free. If you need new books, we have an option to purchase the materials.